In the spirit of giving back to the community, last year we launched the charitable arm of our company which we dubbed – PCC 5000. The ultimate goal of this endeavor is to provide 5000 meals to our city’s neediest and homeless people. In the past we have always donated to charitable organizations and events, but we wanted to host an event of our own. Last year we teamed up with Bridging the Gap Ministries and provided a Thanksgiving feast for 100 homeless people – see our blog: https://philadelphiacateringblog.com/2012/12/.
The event was such a success we decided to do it again this year. PCC employees finished worked on Wednesday, clocked out and got back to work, donating their time doing the prep work for the Thanksgiving meal.
Family members of employees also joined in to help serve the food at the event. A hot satisfying meal was just what was needed for such a cold wet and blustery day. One hundred needy people were served, and many left with containers full of seconds for later.
There is much to give thanks for. Right now I am thankful for our generous and caring staff and family members who helped make this possible by taking time out of their busy Holiday weekend to help the underprivileged. 200 down – 4800 to go!
Throughout the year we get many calls for donations. While it is not possible to help in all cases, we do our best to contribute when we can. This year in addition to PCC 5000 we partnered and contributed to the following events. They are all great causes. Check them out and help out if you can!
- The Philadelphia Corporation for the Aging – Philadelphia Meals on Wheels Auction – www.pcacares.org
- City Year Philadelphia – Smith Park Cleanup Lunch – http://www.cityyear.org/philadelphia.aspx
- Jarell Christopher Seay Love & Laughter Foundation – Annual Toy & Coat Drive – www.jarellcseaylalf.org
- Action Aids – Volunteer Appreciation Event – www.actionaids.org
- United Way / Towers Watson Fundraising Event
- Penn SPO Sustainability –New Recycling Room Event
- German Shepherd Rescue – Annual Flea Market – www.GSR-SP.com
- Early Head Start Program – Annual Health Care Institute on Child and Home Safety – https://eclkc.ohs.acf.hhs.gov/hslc/tta-system/ehsnrc
- Universal Charter School – Event Celebrating Graduating 8th graders
- Penn Medicine – National Laboratory Professionals Week Event – raises money for Manna & PEC – http://pathology.uphs.upenn.edu/Events/LabWeek2013/labweek.aspx
- Helping Hands Ministry – Annual Honoree Dinner – www.hhmvolunteers.webs.com